© Samantha Barrychic.blog, 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Barrychic.blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Display of this content on any other site besides barrychic.blog has not been authorized.
I’m not the best baker and I believe some of that has to do with my lack of patience and inability to look at details for a long time. I often end up messing up the measurements or I become disinterested in the entire process. But, I come to you with the ultimate banana chocolate chip recipe that I found on Pinterest although I adapted the recipe a bit. It can be made in 30 minutes start to finish which is perfect for those who are on the run or just don’t feel like spending all afternoon in the kitchen (and I feel you!).
- 3 bananas (the riper the sweeter)
- 1 tbsp milk (almond, regular, soy, doesn’t matter)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- although I won’t tell you that you can’t add more! But to keep it under 100 calories only put in a half a cup
- 1 cup of flour
- I used all-purpose but others have used whole wheat or even coconut flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil (or substitute for butter)
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, nonfat plain
- I didn’t have any so I substituted with lite sour cream, it was excellent and lower in calories!)
Baking them is easy, just throw them into the oven on 325 for about 20 minutes (or until there is no residue from poking a knife in them). To create the extra melt-y chocolate chips on the top, throw in some chips on top of the batter once they’re in the tin and ready to bake.
I loved the taste of them, extremely soft and gooey which was perfect to curb my sweet tooth craving. I will note that it does call for three bananas so if you’re not a big fan of bananas be aware that it is a strong flavor!
Each muffin comes out to almost 90 calories to become the ultimate snack! Let me know if you try them out!