What’s better paired with a hot cup of coffee than a sweet piece of cinnamon cake?
I debated for a long time whether I should make this post because I love this cake so much I wanted to keep it all to myself! But, in the spirit of giving, I wanted to share with you all my signature cake recipe that was handed down to me by my mom.
This is a moist, sweet cake layered with a cinnamon crumble. If you’re looking for a dessert that you can pass off as breakfast, just keep reading!
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package of instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 inch Bundt cake pan
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, and butterscotch mix.
- Add the eggs, oil and water, then mix until well blended.
- In another bowl, stir together the brown sugar and cinnamon — this will be your crumble that will go in the middle and on the bottom.
- Pour half the batter into the Bundt pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon/brown sugar mix into the pan, then pour the rest of the cake mixture into the pan.
- Pour the remaining cinnamon mixture on top of the cake
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn the oven down to 325 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let your cake cool thoroughly before removing from the pan and enjoying!
- (optional) To make it extra sweet, feel free to add icing or powered sugar to the top of the cake.
Enjoy and let me know if you end up making this cake. I’d love to see what you think!